PsychtoolboxPostInstallRoutine(isUpdate [, flavor])
Psychtoolbox post installation routine. You should not call this
function directly! This routine is called by DownloadPsychtoolbox,
or UpdatePsychtoolbox after a successfull download/update of
Psychtoolbox, or by SetupPsychtoolbox after an in-place installtion.
The routine performs tasks that are common to downloads and updates,
so they can share their code/implementation.
As PsychtoolboxPostInstallRoutine itself is downloaded or updated,
it can contain code specific to each Psychtoolbox revision/release
to perform special setup procedures for new features, to announce
important info to the user, whatever…
Currently the routine performs the following tasks:
- Clean up the Matlab/Octave path to Psychtoolbox: Remove unneeded .svn subfolders.
- Add the PsychJava subfolder to the static Matlab class-path if neccessary.
This enables the Java-based GetChar support on Matlab.
- Add the PsychStartup.m routine to Matlab’s and Octave’s startup.m file on Windows.
- Set the proper pathes to Psychtoolbox and its mex files.
- Perform post-installation checks, configuration and basic troubleshooting.