PTB BETA "Immersator" (+SP1) released
The new BETA “Immersator” and its SP1 were released at 5th October 2015.
As usual, the complete develoment history can be found in our GitHub repository. The release tag is “PTB_Beta-2015-10-05_V3.0.12”, with the full tree and commit logs under the URL:
New features and improvements:
General Virtual Reality HMD support infrastructure, with a driver specifically for the Oculus Rift DK1 and DK2.
Look at “help OculusVR” and “help PsychVRHMD” for general setup and usage instructions.
Look at the demos MovingLineDemo, VRHMDDemo, VRHMDDemo1, SuperShapeDemo, ImagingStereoDemo(103), MorphDemo on how to use this.
The Horde3DForPsychtoolbox repository has been updated as well to provide support for such VR headsets when used with the Horde3D graphics engine in combination with Psychtoolbox. Support is available for 64-Bit Linux, OSX and Windows. Horde3D support for 32-Bit systems has been dropped. Find the repo, together with a demo named “HordeVRHMDDemo1” under the following link:
- Support for use with 64-Bit Octave-4 on OSX via HomeBrew.
- HighColorPrecisionDrawingTest: Robustness improvements to deal with the latest brokenness of OSX 10.11
- Eyelink: Optionally prevent opening of existing EDF files to protect against accidental overwriting of data files.
- LoadGLSLProgramFromFiles/LoadShader: Improve debugging output. Contributed by Diederick.
- ImagingStereoDemo and others: Compatibility fixes for Matlab R2014a
- KbQueueReserve: Check for invalid deviceIndex with more than one element.
- GetMouseIndices: Add option ‘slavePointers’ for simpler use of KbQueues with mice on Linux.
- Fixes and improvements to Quest by Denis Pelli.
- Some small fixups for HomeBrew, and VRHMDDemo1.m